As I sit here thinking about this year and the upcoming holiday. I recognize that I have so much to be thankful for. This last year has been a whirlwind of ups and downs. Maybe you can relate. But there’s always a silver lining and I’m thankful for that.
Here are the 10 things I’m thankful for this year.
- God – without God, there would be nothing. He is my everything and I am thankful beyond words for His plan and attention to mine and my family’s needs.
- Breath – I’m thankful that every morning I wake up, there’s a new day to accomplish all the things that need to be done.
- Family – I’m thankful for my wife and all the joy that she brings. She is the spark that keeps me going when life throws me a curveball.
- Friends – I’m thankful for the friends in my life. I can be a bit introverted at times so I’m thankful when a friend calls me up and just wants to spend time with me.
- Church – I’m thankful for the group of believers that I get to worship with each week. We work together, serve together, and worship together and I appreciate that connection in my life.
- My Pastor – Even though I don’t get to spend as much time with him as I’d like to. I appreciate his part in my life and the friendship that we’ve shared.
- Country – Even though I don’t always agree, I am grateful that in spite of all our bad choices, we are still a blessed nation and I am so thankful for that.
- Work – Some days are easier than others, but I am appreciative for the numerous clients I work with on a weekly basis. They are the reason that I can pursue my dreams and still pay those bills.
- Coffee – Yes, I am thankful for a drink. For the support and the energy when I just want to close my eyes.
- Readers – For which this blog would be a huge waste of time. I appreciate each and every person that reads and contributes to this blog.
So this is my list. What’s yours? Go ahead and make your list and post it in the comments.